By “Meliama” Magazine- EKEM, issue 29, Fall ’18- Winter’19.
INGREDIENTS for 1 tart
- unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (165gr.) brown sugar
- 1finely grated lemon rind
- 1 finely grated orange rind
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 3 eggs *organic
- 1 ½ cup (180gr.) almond meal
- ½ cup (75gr.) flour to your liking
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (80gr.) flaked almonds
- 6 dried figs, quartered
- ¼ cup (90gr.) honey
Preheat the oven to 160οC. Butter a 28mm tart tin. Place the butter, sugar, lemon and orange rinds and vanilla seeds in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 6’-8’.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the almond meal, flour and baking powder and mix to combine all the ingredients. Sprinkle the almond flakes evenly over the mixture and spoon them into the tart tin.
Finally, place the figs into the almond filling, gently pressing them down. Bake for about 45’ or until it gets golden. Remove from the oven, and, while is still hot, pour honey all over it.